If you haven’t tried out Nielsen HomeScan/National Consumer Panel yet, I highly recommend giving it a shot and this time there is no land line required! Open enrollment seems to fluctuate with them so it’s best to apply when you can and see if you qualify.
This is an awesome program to get into if you’re willing to take the time, it works for some and not for others. The good thing is if you’re accepted it’s all totally free, if you decide it’s not for you then you can send it back with the packaging they send you at no charge.
What is Nielsen HomeScan/National Consumer Panel?
- Consumer research company for your grocery and household items.
How does it work?
- They send you a small scanner with a booklet of your local stores, you scan those stores into the scanner system. (This may have changed to viewing the booklet/catalog online now)
- After each grocery trip you scan your groceries into the scanner, if you shop locally at the stores they have in your area then you only need to scan items and insert what coupons you used. At the end you give a total amount spent.
What do you get for doing this?
- They will send you out a catalog with your scanner or you can pull it up online. You earn so many points a week and misc. points for surveys and other deals on their site. After a certain amount of points you can redeem them for household items, gadgets, Gift Cards, Toys, whatever.
- On top of the catalog they also send out random freebies just for being a member! Such as Tote bags and other items.
I did this myself last year (the photos are of the scanner I received) and I loved it, I just got to the point I didn’t have time to scan all the groceries with my full time job at the time, running the site all evening, keeping the house up, etc etc. But I tried it out and still got some great freebies in the mail while doing it!
If you have the time, this is a good program to use! (If it’s not for you, you can simply repackage it and send it back at no cost to you) Nielsen HomeScan/National Consumer Panel and start earning free stuff!
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy